Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Girls Gone Wild Cybertron Edition

     For such a diverse Mythology as Transformers has, there is a serious Dearth of one body type in the fiction. Fembots.

     The Transformers Episode "the Search for Alpha Trion" introduced a resistance group of female autobots, (although it appears Cybertronians do not require sexual dimorphism to reproduce). These were Elita-One, Chromia, Firestar, Moonracer, Flareup, Greenlight and Lancer. No toys, and they were never seen again on the series, but Transformers the movie introduced Arcee, who would be the most famous female autobot and the most recognizable for many series to follow. for all the others... see here: 

Underrepresented in fiction, they are even less represented as toys, probably due to two factors:


  1. Engineering and appearance in both modes
  2. Boys don't buy girl toys(tho this is not really true)
Actually, I am going to expand upon that second point from experience- when the kenner 12" star wars line came out, I had Han, Luke, Threepio, Artoo, Chewie, and wanted, nay begged for Leia. My parents felt that would be weird, so they talked me into Boba Fett instead- I never ended up with Leia, from that line. not saying it's universal, but maybe not uncommon either. 

Tango wants me to get to the pics, and stop fooling around

Because he worked hard on helping me 
     Anyway- not really what I wanted to talk about. That is over 30 years in the past. What I am here about today is what I have for Female Transformer toys now. I'm sticking with official Hasbro releases for now, will touch upon the MMC Arcee later. I'm also skipping the ones that, in my opinion, suck. (ROTF Elita 1 and TF Prime Airachnid, I am talking to you)

it only took 30 years to get an official release...



I think  like this use of the mold more than the original use(RID Arcee)

Windblade is the new big thing from IDW Comics
Strongarm is the Female lead of the new Transformers Cartoon
Just like TF Prime Arcee was the strong female lead of Transformers Prime
I thought I was above this, but it turns out there is nothing beneath me...
Two Girls, One Kup


No comments:

Post a Comment