Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Phase 2 Onward

     Phase 2 of the MCU begins with a different Tony Stark- or rather the same one, but shaken by what he has seen, and suffering panic attacks. 

IRON MAN 3
(sorry, toys for this one were not to my standards of quality and articulation)
This was not my favorite on first viewing, but it has really grown on me over time. Iron Man 2 seemed like Starks darkest hour, and then his triumph, but 3 had him in an even darker place before his dawn, and took him back to his roots as "the mechanic". It was a lot of fun to watch him improvise weapons without his high tech armor, and be the hero, not just the suit. 

THOR: THE DARK WORLD
 
Most of the funnest moments in this one are in watching Thor and Loki work together. 

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

Gives us Cap working with the Widow, with a wonderful dose of the Falcon added in. You will note that Cap is on the Falcons left...


GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
(for toys, see my post on IM3, above)

This film opens a new vista, a universe of possibilities. Despite having no heroes in it I have a strong connection to, this turned out to be my second favorite of the movies so far. 

So when I see Avengers this weekend...expect great things

No comments:

Post a Comment