Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2015

A Little Walmart Fun

Took a trip to Wal-Mart tonight, for ramen and saltines to pamper an unhappy stomach, and had a couple of fun encounters.


      As I was heading for the entrance I looked back and saw a man jogging in a very leisurely fashion toward the entrance. Wearing a red t-shirt. With a Flash emblem. I paused, caught his attention, and emphatically told him: " you have to get faster, Barry!" And we both had a chuckle.

And then there was the direct tv guy...

Well, anyone who has read my body of work knows that I feel these guys(and girls) shilling for the various tv providers are intrusive. Recently they have also become more aggressive. Apparently not content to wait by electronics, they now approach you if they sense your presence. The guy tonight walked up on me in toys.

     And he began " do you mind if I ask you some questions?"

     And I responded " let's not talk about me. Let's talk about you."

      From there I spent the next few minutes trying to talk him into switching his operating system from Apple to Windows, while he looked more and more hunted.

      I finally told him "You can stop this any time, all you have to do is walk away. On the other hand, I can keep this up all day, and slowly  kill your soul in the process. "

He walked.

Feel free to use any variation of that you like. You have as much right to ask him any nosy damn questions you like as he has to ask you about your tv service. You have as much right to waste his time, and probably even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment