Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Toysday: About Last Knight...

     Love the Transformers live-action franchise or hate it, it has given us a number of really nice toys. My thoughts on TLK Barricade are here

     I didn't go as crazy on these as I have in prior years, but TLK turned out some really nice pieces, unfortunately mixed with re-paints of some of the AOE toys, such as Bumblebee and Grimlock.

     That being said, this version of hound wins hands down over AOE's version. I can almost hear John Goodman's fat ballerina speech when I look at him. He comes with multiple guns that can combine to form a super-gun as seen here. His helmet is also removable, which is kind of an odd detail choice





     If only this mold of Optimus had been the Leader AOE, rather than the awkwardly backpacked chromed nightmare we got. I guess the AOE one is not bad, it's definitely tolerable, and I have a special memory of him and a broken street date, but this one is so much neater in how he folds up and stows his car parts! He looks great! He has a built-in back-scabbard for his sword, when not in use






     And TLK accomplished one thing that the previous 4 movies did not: It got me to buy a movie Megatron- This voyager has a neat transformation, and looks great in both modes. All that, plus a bad-ass sword and brutal looking armor make this one  favorite and a keeper.




More pics as waves hit the stores. One thing about this one...it seems as if distribution has been worse for TLK than the prior films. I just seems lackadaisical. Since it seems better with the online merchants, I suspect the big box stores are the real culprit here, and I think we can agree, not the first time ever that's happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment