Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Toysday: Jurassic Steel

     At this point, I have 66% of the new Power of the Primes Dinobots. I like them a lot- they have a very G1 vibe in both transformation and in aesthetic. They are not perfect-Accessories are sacrificed to serve the combiner mode, but they are about 80% of the way there. I hope to see some third party company make Grimlock his sword and blaster.

     Before we hit the main crew, we need to talk about Slash. Fansproject put out twin female velociraptor Dinos with the lost exo realm line, but Slash is official Hasbro Canon- No Slash-fiction(HA!) here. We have a female Dinobot Scout who is a velociraptor. She is also ridiculously fun to transform, and looks great in both modes. Her balance and articulation is a little less than ideal in dino mode, but I think she's a great figure.



     I have talked before about the fact that Slag is now Slug, since the word slag is offensive in multiple languages. I would have liked this Slug bigger, and with his sword, but as I said, when the combiner gimmick drives, the plastic must follow


     This swoop I absolutely love. The transformation, the look, all very G1. If there is a KO voyager size in the future... even better. His beak/face does not latch to his face-face in any way except by friction, but that is about the only negative I can think of.


     The Big Guy- Grimlock. He suffers a little for the combiner ports, but not badly. He suffers more for the lack of a big cleaving sword and blaster. All in all, though, very nicely done; good color, good posability. good in robot and dino mode. Powerful and bulky looking.


         All of the dinobots have great, well matched colors, including translucent painted gold on the inside, to give it a kind of indescribable sheen. it mimics the metallic gold parts with the clear coverings on the original G1 toys...so maybe it is describable.


      Here is what we have of Combiner mode so far. I could stick Jazz and Dreadwind on there but I just won't. My particular flavor of OCD says nix to that.

So far... no info adding Slash to the combiner but I know it has to work.

there will be more regarding Prime masters later, but for now, here is how they interact with the hand/armor pieces and the foot pieces.


Grimlock comes with two feet pieces and the dinobot enigma of combination

No comments:

Post a Comment